Original owner: Williams, Othniel (?-1832)/ West Park Row Corp.
Info: The Williams Carriage Shed was originally part of the estate of Othniel Williams, a lawyer in Clinton as well as a Trustee and the Treasurer of Hamilton College. The Williams family owned several carriages.
Provenance: The Farmers' Museum acquired the structure in 1957 from West Park Row Corp. *West Park Row Corp. bought the property from Kirkland Properties on January 4, 1951. *Kirkland Properties, Inc. acquired the property from Edward W. Stanley on December 3, 1945. *Edward W. Stanley bought the property from Anna F. Davidson on November 8, 1945. *Anna F. Davidson became sole owner September 4, 1945. *Adian H. Newell and Anna F. Davidson acquired the property from William F. and Ruth W. Newton on August 28, 1941. *(O. Gregory Burns acquired portion of property on June 2, 1938 to preserve ROW - the law office from William F. and Ruth W. Newton.) *William F. and Ruth W. Newton acquired the property from the estate of Delia A. Williams on May 25, 1938. *Delia A. Williams received the property from her husband Othniel S. Williams' will in 1880. *Othniel S. Williams received the property from Mary Williams' will in 1842. *Mary Williams received the property from her husband Othniel Williams in his will in 1832. *Othniel Williams acquired the property from John Stewart, Jr. on November 19, 1824.